Don’t miss out! And if you think this is for people who have taken a business, built it up and sold it, well think again. It’s for all comers. Click here for more info and to enter http://www.eco-connect.org/?p=3235
A specific Cleantech category has been added this year! Ernst & Young have approached us at ecoConnect to help them widen their net. It’s a great program, so if you’ve never considered applying, here’s your chance!
Here’s a summary of rht program with the URL to apply Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award
In addition, the selection criteria for entry is as follows:
What it takes to win
You will be judged by other entrepreneurs and business people, who understand the challenges you and your team face. You will exemplify entrepreneurial skills with the judges basing their decisions on whether you have the ‘E-factor’:
- Entrepreneurial spirit: high standards; risk taking; overcoming obstacles and perseverance
- Innovation: pioneering new approaches; ability to adapt; research and development
- Strategic direction: developing a vision; goals for future growth; measuring progress
- Leading and building teams: employing best teams; company culture; leadership qualities
- Financial performance: managing cash flow; long-term sustainability; re-investment of profit
- National or global impact: impact on the business world in terms of revenue, operations and influence
- Individual and/or corporate social responsibility: values; approach to relationships; involvement in the wider community
General Electric has launched Phase II of their GE Ecomagination Challenge, a $200 million innovation experiment where businesses, entrepreneurs, innovators and students share their best ideas on how to improve our energy future – and just might get funded. Phase II of the ecomagination Challenge focuses on Powering Your Home. GE are looking for innovative ideas about capturing, managing, and using energy in the home.
GE have teamed up with some of the best-known venture capital firms, including Emerald Technology Ventures, Foundation Capital, KPCB and RockPort Capital, to help back the most promising ideas.
You’ve nothing to lose but the time it takes to engage with this. To enter the challenge and to submit your ideas go to: http://challenge.ecomagination.com/ideas